Eighty - five years and counting

1930    Established as the Christmas Exchange
1939    Renamed the Christmas Cheer Committee as part of the Vancouver Council of Social Agencies
1946    Community Chest and Council formed Christmas Cheer Committee part of central services
1947    Camping Referral Project established
1953    First used title “Christmas Bureau” 
1970    Camping Referral Project and Christmas Bureau combined to one committee
1980    United Way approves terms of reference for Christmas and Camping Bureaus
1981    Christmas and Camping programs are relocated to Commercial Drive location
1984    United Way sets up committee to consider future of Bureau & commissions the
               historical review of the Christmas and Camping Bureaus by K Wyndham Brown
1989    Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau and Lower Mainland Camping Bureaus
               are registered as separate British Columbia Societies
1993    LMCB relocates to Napier Street Facility
2003    Lower Mainland Camping Bureau Society becomes part of Christmas Bureau
2008    LMCB moves to Pandora Street location